Making Homemade Laundry Detergent is Quick & Easy!
More and more people are concerned about the chemicals and excessive, synthetic fragrances in today’s commercial laundry detergents.
One alternative to using commercial detergents is to make your own. (Please don’t panic or give up here….you can do this!) Yep, you can be on your way to being a true “Crunchy” if you like, but if that’s not “you”, you can still handle this. The recipe I am about to share with you is
1. Quick (we all have a lot to do, and little time to do it in. Basically you assemble ingredients and blend them…no cooking required!)
2. Simple (This recipe is made with ingredients that are easy-to-get; I even include links to make it easy for you to find them!)
3. Economical (costs approximately 50% less than commercial brands)
4. Empowering (huh? Yep, you’ll feel great knowing exactly what’s in your detergent and that you made it yourself!)
5. Effective Cleans just as well or better than commercial brands!
6. Healthy No harsh chemicals, no perfumes, and it’s Borax Free!
So here it is!
1/2 Cup baking soda
1/2 Cup citric acid (see link below to order with FREE SHIPPING)
1 Cup washing soda (found in laundry isle at grocery stores)
1/4 Cup sea salt
1 Bar of Laundry Lye soap (available in our online shop -do NOT use lye soap meant for “body soap” use as it contains too much extra oil and can build up over time!)
Optional: 0.20 oz. essential oil (I like lavender, peppermint & lemon best.)
1.Grate the bar of soap finely (using the grating attachment on a processor is typically quickest and easiest)
2. Add the other ingredients and blend well (I use my food processor here, too)
3. Store in a well-marked, airtight container.
Use 1-2 Tablespoons per load, depending on how dirty the clothes are.
See how simple and FUN it is to so it yourself?
Stay tuned for DIY dishwasher detergent!
Citric acid: http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductFilter.aspx?FBK=Citric+Acid+Powder&x=27&y=8